This is the first release for the ASP.NET MVC3 version of POP Forums. It is feature complete, stable, and ready for feedback. For previous release notes, see previous releases. The release version is exactly the same as the release candidate.
Check out the live preview: http://preview.popforums.com/Forums
Setup instructions are available in the documentation
What's new in the release? Since the second beta:
- Database, e-mail and user setup added at /Forum/Setup, for easier install.
- Dynamic loading of more posts, before and after the current page, with updated pager links as it goes.
- Fix: Post paging was including deleted posts in counts, causing blank pages.
- Fix: Image insertion was throwing a script error.
- Fix: Image button appeared when inline images were disabled.
- Fix: Text parser ignored img tags with TinyMCE attributes.
- Refactored background processes to not initialize if the DB connection was broken (because it brought down the entire process).
- Removed pinned topics from recent sort criteria.
- Changed forum layout page to in turn use another layout page, for easier integration.
- CSS/jQuery tweak to apply class to inline images, mostly to enforce max width.
The app is running in production on MouseZoom
today, so it's being actively used.
This is it... v9, production ready, ready for download!
I have been asked about a different data layer, particularly for use in Web farms or in Azure across many role instances. I'm looking into it, and I suspect I'll wait until the AppFabric caching is better defined. There's a detailed article in MSDN Magazine
that I need to really read through, but it shouldn't be hard to do. The project is loosely coupled in terms of data access.