POP Forums v12.1.0 - Set up issues

Nov 14, 2014 at 6:28 AM
Hi Jeff,

As specified in the documentation, downloaded from codeplex and set it up in IIS 7.0
DB set up went on fine and in the admin page, i have the following issues.
  1. Created new role as "Member". But this role is not listing under Forum permissions. Also Admin and Moderator is also not listing. Am i missing something here? I checked the DB. All three of them is available in pf_role table.
  2. Created two categories. Clicking on Edit link does not do anything.
  3. When i click on Forum Home, the page is listing Two forums which i created in the admin page. When i click on New Posts link in one of the forum, i get a button Post a new topic. Clicking on the button does not do anything. How do i add posts?
  4. I have been using the default user created during setup. Once i log out, and i try to login, it gives me error and am not able to login again. "There was an unknown error while attempting login". checked the errorlog table. Does not have anything.
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2014 at 11:54 AM
You'll have to do some debugging and figure it out. I can't guess what's up based on your description.

This project is no longer maintained on CodePlex.

https://github.com/POPWorldMedia/POPForums
Nov 14, 2014 at 12:28 PM
ok, am new to GITHUB. In order to take the v12.1.0, do i need to select both branch and tag as v12.1.0 and download it?

Thanks,
Vanitha.
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2014 at 12:31 PM
Nov 14, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Thanks Jeff. All the issues that i mentioned above happens only when it is hosted in IIS7. When i build and run the app from VS2013 everything was perfect.
I have the following questions.
  1. Can i host this in virtual directory under my intranet app?
    I have an intranet app which uses windows authentication and i want this forum to be part of my intranet app. Can you pls guide me in acheiving this.
Thanks,
Vanitha.
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Look at the plumbing in the user repository.